Saturday, December 20, 2008

Food Distribution Day

I pick up my food from both Angel Food Ministries and SHARE Foods the same day. This is my haul for today and should feed my family for a couple of weeks. It would probably last longer, but everyone will be home from work and school so food disappears at alarming rate.

This is my SHARE Foods order. It is three regular units plus 2 specials.

This is my Angel Food Ministries Order. It is 3 regular units.


This is all the food I received today. It cost me $167. That sounds like a lot (and it is), but that feeds nine people for two weeks. Groceries bought at a store will normally run me $150 a week. To put things into perspective, my table is over 7 feet long (88 inches).


What I received today:

  • Ham Slices
  • Italian Sausage, ground
  • Beef Steak Strips
  • Imitation Crab
  • Shrimp, pre-cooked
  • Breaded Chicken Tenders
  • Lemon Herb Chicken Breasts
  • Pork Chops
  • Ground Beef Patties
  • Beef Roasts
  • Hot Dogs
  • Banquet Turkey & Gravy
  • Carrot Slices, frozen
  • Green Beans, frozen
  • French Fries
  • Potatoes
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Onions
  • Iceberg Lettuce
  • Celery
  • Carrots
  • Apples
  • Oranges
  • Eggs
  • Shelf-Stable Milk
  • Corn Muffin Mix
  • Chicken Broth
  • Rice
  • Macaroni & Cheese
  • Sweet Potato Pies

No comments: