Doesn't it look just yummy? I subscribe to various e-zines as well as regular magazines for cooking. This particular recipe came to me from Pillsbury.
The recipe (included below) calls for pre-packaged and convenience items. It helps to put this meal on the table in 30 minutes. Some items can be be made from scratch like the biscuits or used fresh (vegetables). It is all a matter of personal preference.
It is a good meal that can have all the ingredients at hand for one-of-those days. That is one thing we all have in common.
1 lb. lean boneless top sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick
1 teaspoon oil
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (5/8-oz.) pkg. brown gravy mix
1 1/3 cups water
1 (15-oz.) can whole potatoes, drained, quartered
1 (9-oz.) pkg. frozen baby cut carrots, thawed, drained
1 1/2 cups Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen sweet peas, thawed, drained
1 cup canned whole onions, drained
1 (16.3-oz.) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease eight (10-oz.) custard cups or large muffin cups.
2. Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise into 2 to 3 strips and then crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef; cook and stir until browned. Add garlic salt, pepper, gravy mix and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add potatoes, carrots, peas and onions; mix well. Simmer 5 minutes. Set aside.
4. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press each biscuit to form 5 1/2-inch round. Place each biscuit round into greased custard cup; firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming 1/4-inch rim. Spoon about 3/4 cup beef mixture into each cup.
5. Bake at 350°F. for 14 minutes. Cover with foil. Bake an additional 8 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and beef mixture is thoroughly heated.