Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Southwest Salad

This an easy salad that comes together in 15 minutes. It is what I like to call a dump recipe. You just dump everything in a bowl. Okay, you might need to mix it a bit. Technicalities.

The recipe calls for red onion. I didn't have any in my house. I had plenty of yellow onion so I used that. It made for a stron flavor. Next time I will use red onion. It is a healthy recipe and quite colorful which makes a pretty setting for the table.


Southwest Salad
Preparation time: 15 mins
Serves: 4 servings

Ingredients
1 cup Whole Kernel Corn, drained
1 cup Red Bell Peppers, chopped
1 cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped
1/4 cup Red Onion, chopped
1 cup Reduced Fat Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded

Directions
Toss together all ingredients and serve.

No comments: